Friday 12 June 2020

View From My Window

Over these past few months during the lockdown, I have been very thankful to have a garden to enjoy. Of course Working From Home means that a lot of the time the garden is only experienced from the inside looking out.  


Something that Evie indulges in, when it is just not warm enough for her to venture outdoors


and she can frequently be found surveying this view of the garden from her perch in the back bedroom.


Even though I am not outside, the scents of the garden filter through indoors, bringing the essence of the garden inside.


Gertrude Jekyll roses bloom prolifically 


outside the kitchen windows


and at the French Doors,
where they are entwined with honeysuckle and under-planted with lavender.


A view of the little courtyard, outside the backdoor - a suntrap and perfect for my morning cup of coffee at the table surrounded by roses.


Birds have flocked to the hanging bird-table under the rose clad pergola, feasting on the sunflower seeds and bringing their young fledglings when they leave the nest,


completely unperturbed by Evie as she lies beneath in the shade on a hot day.


The restrictions on travel have meant that there has been no possibility of trips to the coast, but I can stitch the scenes of my favourite places and imagine the salty tang of the coastal air as I stitch. This scene is the view across the lough of Cribb Island from Delamont Park.

The garden is calling though, so stay with me as I get ready to take you on a little tour outside.......

xxx


No comments: